Random Thoughts of an Angel

My daily thoughts

November 24, 2006

Bad News for the Holiday

Well, today is Black Friday and i'm stuck at work. It could be worse. I could be stuck working in one of the stores that were open early this morning for the craziest shopping day of the year. Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day and although I had a great time with my husband and parents, we received bad news during dinner yesterday. My Uncle Howie passed away. He was my mom's older brother, just 74. We were all sad by the news but I didn't know him well because he wasn't involved in a lot of the family functions. This has been a really difficult year for my mom and her side of the family. In addition to my uncle passing yesterday, my Aunt Linda who is 3 years older than my mom at 60, almost died 3 weeks ago during open heart surgery but thank God she is recovering very well and is doing great now. In September, my Aunt Lorraine who was another of my mom's older sisters and my Godmother, passed away from Lung cancer. She was just 66 years old. I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle but he sure is pushing it this year. For me, losing my Aunt Lorraine was very difficult because she was not only my favorite aunt but a second mother. She was my cheerleader and always made me feel special and I tried very hard to make both my parents and her proud. She had her faults as we all do but she was a wonderful and caring woman who was so strong. She always spoke her mind and you always knew where you stood with her. I know that she is with my grandmother now and they are looking down on us but with the news of my uncle dying, it brought all those feelings back about losing my aunt just 2 months ago. Sorry to make such a depressing post but this is the place to get all those thoughts and feelings out.

Until next time, bye.

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle and the loss of your other aunt just a few weeks ago. Hang in there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home